E-Commerce Third-Party Integrations and Their Importance
When we design your e-commerce website we think about the entire process of your business. E-commerce websites aren’t limited to being just a shopping cart, with the right E-Commerce Third-Party Integrations, you’re entire business can be streamlined.
Every business is unique so devising the businesses requirements is an essential step to determine which third-party integrations you require out of the plethora of options, some of which we have detailed below.
While some e-commerce platforms offer built-in payment gateway solutions they may not always offer the best solution for you or your customers so it’s worth keeping your options open. When purchasing online, a buyer wants to be able to pay quickly, easily and securely. This is a huge factor in ensuring conversions, so when selecting a payment gateway you should always consider the following:
- The security of the service, nowadays consumers are becoming more and more security conscious, so ensuring good security is a must.
- The ease of the payment process, if it takes too long to complete the checkout process you risk losing a conversion
- The payment options available, not accepting a certain type of card could lose you a sale while having Visa One Click or Apple Pay available could increase the chances of conversion.
- The percentage of commission charged plus any additional transactional fees, there’s no point in paying out more for the service than necessary.
- 24/7 User support, because online shopping never sleeps neither should your payment gateway support in the event of technical errors.
Shipping is always going to be a key factor in a customers decision to purchase from your website. They tend to look at several factors regarding delivery such as free shipping, next day shipping, tracking and ship-to-shop options.
You might think that the integration depends on the courier service that you use. While it’s true that all the main courier services now offer API integrations, you no longer just have to rely on them. There are also third-party software integrations that can handle multiple courier options, giving your customers the choice that suits them best. You should ensure that your shipping gateway includes:
- Speed of delivery
- Tracking ability
- Choice of delivery options
Choosing the right shipping gateway isn’t just about the consumer either, you also need to consider how it can help streamline your business, such as automated label printing and webhooks allowing customers to track the delivery right from your site.
Inventory Management System
Having a good inventory management system is of utmost importance, especially when you have a large product range. Being able to automate the management and maintain an accurate stock balance is essential to the smooth operation of any e-commerce company. A reliable inventory management system should have:
- A barcoding tool, allowing you to easily scan goods in and out.
- Purchasing and stock management.
- Order forecasting system.
- Re-ordering automation system.
- Stock status and lead times, this is also available as a separate integration for the inventory management systems that do not include it already.
Depending on your business requirements one feature you may require in your inventory management system is multi-location stock control. This is especially useful if you have multiple warehouses and/or retail stores.
Accounting Management System
Invoicing and accounting are some of those tedious and complex tasks that are essential to the successful operation of any business as the company’s earnings depend on the accuracy of the accounting. A third-party integration can help simplify this task, it will also help the business to be able to obtain financial information quickly and easily. Essential features of an accounting management system include:
- Accounting Tools
- Financial Statistics
- Account Management
- Inventory Data
- Payment Statement
- Cash Flow Analytics
These are just a few examples of some of the most important third-party integrations available to boost the user experience and streamline your business. The third-party integrations that are available are extensive and there’s one to suit every business need, ensuring you have the optimum e-commerce site and business.